Luxe Gifts for the Over-the-Top Hostess
We all have those people in our lives who have it all and love to share it at their fabulous and frequent parties. But, what is an appropriate hostess gift for these oh so over the top domestic divas? Do they really need a gift? Well they don’t need anything, but you can still share in their passion for all things luxe by shopping for gifts that flaunt and expand on their already indulgent lifestyle. Luxe gifts have stories of extravagance and craftsmanship and give the recipient and gift giver a feeling that goes deeper than the wrapping paper. Luxury gifts are specific, curated, and evoke a feeling of richness.
Whether you share that lifestyle or not, it’s a good idea to show appreciation for theirs with a gift when you are invited to their home for a soiree. Of course, a well selected bottle of wine or unique top shelf liquor will get used and be appreciated. But if you really want to make a splash, here are some great luxurious gift ideas for just those occasions!
Have you given a fabulous luxe hostess gift? Share your stories and ideas by commenting below!
1. Luminescence By L’objet – 14k Gold Crocodile Aromatherapy Candle in Limoges Porcelain $80 Encapsulated in a 14K gold plated crocodile on black textured vessel created from fine Limoges porcelain paste, the candles exude the intoxicating scent of pink champagne.
2. Personalized Exquisite Cashmere Throw with Fringe, Red – $299 Color and warmth in a classic design. This is the ultimate in versatile luxury. The two-ply, 440-gram cashmere feels amazing against the skin and will keep you cozy season after season. 50″ h x 60″ w 100% 440-gram, two-ply cashmere.
3. Sangria Pitcher – $86 Serve authentic Spanish style at your next party with old-world sangria pitchers. Designed with a pinched spout that keeps fruit and ice from splashing into your glass, each handmade and hand-painted piece captures the spirit and tradition of Toledo.
4. Limbo Bottle Stopper – $47.95 Stainless steel bottle stopper with wooden display Designed in Germany With their own studio for creative product design ZACK was able to develop exclusive, but affordable, home accessories made of stainless steel for people who consciously wish to express their lifestyle.
5. American Bar by Charles Schumann – $84 Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just relaxing, world-renowned bartender Charles Schumann can guide you through mixing professional-quality libations. First published more than 25 years ago by the proprietor of the legendary Schumann’s bar.
6. Agate Cheese Set – $78 Serve artisanal cheeses on an aged surface that is as pleasing to the eye as your choice wedges, slices, and spreadables are to the palate. Produced from lava that has cooled over 80 million years, Brazilian agate is an exceptionally beautiful material.
7. Michael Aram Black Orchid Easel Photo Frame – $139 Michael Aram Black Orchid Convertible Easel Frame, can be used as a 4×6 or 5×7.
8. THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO COCO CHANEL special edition in rich White Leather by Graphic Image – $98 This charming book explores the philosophy of this fascinating woman on topics ranging from style to passion from money and success to femininity and living life on your own terms.
9. Nambe Swoop Cheese Board with Knife – $75 The wooden cutting board is a definite classic standby, contrasted by the ultra-svelte and modern stainless steel knife. Like a great pairing of wine and cheese, these two elements are perfectly complementary- and at their best when they’re together.
10. Personalized Set of 8 Cocktail Napkins with Inset Satin Stitch Border, Natural Linen with Magenta – $59 100% linen cocktail napkins add a unified style to the tabletop or bar. The flax-colored fabric will get softer and more absorbent with time, while the inset embroidered satin stitch adds a pop of color.