Take Our Labor Day Quiz
You already know that Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday of September, and that the national holiday pays tribute to the efforts of American workers from all walks of life. You might even know that the very first Labor Day was celebrated on September 5, 1882. Labor Day came out of the labor unions movement and was originally filled with parades, speeches and newspaper testimonials. Over the years, Americans have come to see Labor Day as a relaxing day off (cocktails, anyone?) and the end cap for summer. In that spirit, we created a little quiz to test your savvy for Labor Day 2013. You’ll find the answers at the bottom of the quiz.
1) What California city will finally unveil its new Bay Bridge on Labor Day, after spending $6.4 billion on the project?
2) Who stars in the sci-fi film “Riddick,” opening on Labor Day weekend?
3) What famous Mexican-American actress celebrates her birthday on September 2nd?
4) What’s the top travel destination for this Labor Day, according to Travelocity?
5) What country also celebrates this holiday on the same day as the U.S., but spells it as Labour Day?
(Compare your answers to the correct ones below)
Answers: 1) Oakland 2) Vin Diesel 3) Salma Hayek, born 1966. 4) New York City 5) Canada