How To: Shop for Graduation Gifts
Spring Break is over for most high school and college seniors. And, they have one thing on their minds. Graduation! Surprisingly, the most popular time for people to come to Gifts.com for Graduation Gift Advice is during the month of April. So, I’m writing this post to help you get your grads gifts that will show them the hassle was worth way more than the tassel.
What to get?
- Think about where they’re going next and get them something to help them be a superstar there! Whether it’s traveling the world , starting a new job or moving to a new place. Your gift should be something that they’ll use for a long time, because it will be a long time before they pay off those loans!
- Gift Cards to their favorite store are great too. But, check with friends or close relatives to make sure you get the store right.
- Stock certificates are a gift that they will appreciate over time. But, getting a brand they love will help them appreciate it now like; apple, google or starbucks.
Then, the question arises as to what you should spend on a gift or cash. There are no hard and fast rules, but you can take these as a guide for High School and College grads. Of course, take into consideration your community and your grad’s level of achievement. College grad gifts should be at least 50% more than High School grads and so forth up the line.
- Family = HS: $100+
- Close Friend/Relative/Boss/Peripheral Family = $50+
- Friend/Coworker/Distant Relative = $25+
Happy gifting & congratulations to your grads!