Best Friends Day Gifts
When I first started thinking about Best Friends Day, I thought this would be a child or tween type of post. But, the more I thought about it, I realized that it is even more important to celebrate our friends as we get older. Friends are one of my favorite things about life. We’re so lucky to be able to make friends and have these amazing relationships with other people. It’s easy to take them for granted and only call when we’re down or put off making plans because we know they’ll be there when we need them. But, Best Friends Day is the perfect time to thank your “bestie” with a celebratory gift for you to share. So, here are some goodies that I dug up to help us show our friends, confidants, partners in crime and soul mates that we haven’t forgotten how awesome they are.
1. Sunny Yellow Tulips or any yellow flowers are a symbol of enduring friendship that every lady would be happy to receive. $40
2. Friends Letter Book Set helps get your friendship onto paper and commemorates it for you to enjoy later. It comes with prompts and cards that you mail back and forth and become even closer friends than ever before. Great for friends who live apart or don’t see each other very often. $60
3. Film Movement DVD of the month club. Although instant movies are everywhere, it’s nice to get a surprise in the mail each month of an award winning film that may never make it’s way into the mainstream i.e. video stream on your computer. Plus, this monthly arrival will signal a girls’ movie night. All you need are some snacks and slippers. $45.99 for 3/months.
4. The Golden Girls: Season 1. The ultimate way to say “thank you for being a friend” is to share a few laughs with Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia, and Rose. It doesn’t matter how old you are; their love and friendship hits home for everyone. $15
5. Forever Friends Custom Wood Frame. One of my favorite ways to show a friend I care is to take a memorable photo of us and put it in a frame. If you’ve been friends for a long time, you could make an album of your favorite shots over time. Shutterfly is easy and fun to use to create photo books at great prices. $19
6. Sometimes you just need to get out of the house with a girl friend to dish the latest gossip and reconnect. I love the Zagat Table for Two gift set because it lets you choose from one of their top rated restaurants and enjoy a fabulous dinner somewhere you might not have tried before. It’s a great way to create a new memory. It is a bit pricey, but worth it! $99
7. If you like to entertain more than go out when it comes to bonding time with your girl friends, a Wine Tasting Party Kit is right up your alley. It comes with 6 bags to disguise the labels so that you have to let your palette guide you. The 64 page book on tasting guides you through the experience and then you can share your notes and see how you agree/disagree.
8. Tao of Pooh & Te of Piglet Boxed Set. What fictional pair knows more about friendship and life than Pooh & Piglet? Their wisdom speaks to kids of all ages and reminds us to take the time to appreciate the good things in life…like friends. $25
9. Personalized Road Between Two Houses Throw. For the super sentimental and closest of girl friends, this personalized blanket is a like a hug from your BFF. And who doesn’t like having that within arm’s reach?
See more gift ideas for friends
Want to read an interesting article about best friends being banned in British schools? Read it here. (Friends image above s from this article too.)