Game Day Entertaining: Guest Guru
Dawn Sandomeno and Elizabeth Mascali are co-founders and owners of Party Bluprints Inc. and The Party Bluprints Blog, are lifestyle and entertaining experts, and co-authors of Plan to Party.
Elizabeth and Dawn have been featured on NBC TODAY Show, Fox TV Good Day NY, Good Housekeeping, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine, and Redbook to name a few. They literally are the hostesses with mostesses and together they are guest judging the 2012 Giftee Awards! Take it away ladies…
As we say goodbye to summer, we cheer in “Fall” – and FOOTBALL! Now, every weekend is a reason to host a “Homegating Viewing Party”. We think this is one of the easiest parties to host – the entertainment is built in, the vibe is casual and festive, and the food is easy to prepare and serve. Here are “5 Quick Tips” to get you ready to welcome the gang back to your home for some good food, football and fun:
• Invite guests to arrive 30 minutes before game time so everyone can catch up before kick-off. Also, encourage them to wear their favorite “game day get-up”.
• Make sure your television is in good working order, including satellite/cable service.
• Create a comfortable and casual vibe. Rearrange furniture (bring in extra chairs, stools, ottomans, beanbag chairs, and over-sized pillows as needed for additional seating) to design a comfortable “viewing area” where all seats allow for a good view of the game. Also, make it easy for guests to enjoy food and beverages while watching the game by offering surfaces and coasters for guests to rest glasses and plates.
• Prepare beverages and food before guests arrive – check out our Homegating Food Pinterest board for inspiration. Set up a beverage bar and buffet style “bar food” station. Tell guests to make themselves comfortable and help themselves to beverages and food at their convenience throughout the party. Paper and plastic are totally acceptable at this party. Place trash and recycling cans in easy to access locations, but out of the main flow of the viewing party.
• Always have a designated driver and drink responsibly
When YOU are invited to a “Game Day” party, here are 4 Homegating Hostess Gift Ideas:
One last homegating tip: Here’s the inside scoop on the recipe for The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip – fans go crazy for it! For more ideas, inspirations and recipes for homegating, visit us at The Party Bluprints Blog.
Dawn Sandomeno & Elizabeth Mascali Co-founders & Owners, Party Bluprints Inc.