Guest Guru: Elizabeth Mascali
Elizabeth Mascali talks Easter entertaining. Elizabeth and her partner Dawn Sandomeno, co-founders and and owners of Party Bluprints and authors of Plan to Party, are lifestyle and entertaining experts who live by the philosophy that entertaining in your home can enrich your life. Thank you for contributing Elizabeth!
When it comes to Easter Entertaining, I just love an Easter Brunch. Brunches are a “flexible” party format that you can tweak to your liking so you can be a guest at your own party. Here are 5 quick tips for planning yours.
1. Serve Brunch Buffet Style – Toss aside the more traditional individual “serving” of a holiday meal and embrace the beloved brunch buffet where everyone helps themselves.
2. Offer a Variety of “Make-Ahead” Items – Everyone loves a good brunch, so pick a variety of breakfast and lunch items that can be prepared and displayed ahead of guests’ arrival (the goal: to have your brunch buffet set up and ready to go before the party begins).
3. Be Smart Refining your Menu – Pick items that can be prepared ahead of time and (1) can either sit out at room temperature for 1 – 1 ½ hours, or (2) hold up in a warming dish without drying out. For menu suggestions and more detailed information on planning your brunch, check out our Brunch Basics.
4. Add a Twist of Traditional – Set the table as you would for a traditional dinner. When it’s time to eat, allow guests to find their place and take their dish to the buffet.
5. Focus on the Kids’ Table – They are sure to remember the special touches more than anyone, so create a festive children’s Easter Table that is decorated just for them.
Here are my picks for the kiddies’ table this Easter:
1. Happy Easter Garland by Pottery Barn Kids – drape this banner across the front of kids’ table or behind it on the wall.
2. Printable Easter Bunny Peeps Mini Bag Topper – this adorable DIY favor is a great project to hand off to the kids – have them create the favors to gift at the Easter table.
3. Peter Rabbit Place Mats – cover your table with a solid color tablecloth and accent it with these sweet place mats.
4. Bunny & Chick LEGO – keep the kids busy while the adults are dining and dishing, it’s an activity and favor all in one!
5. Personalized Easter Egg Hunt Bucket – does double duty as a place card/place setting decoration and later as a bucket for the Easter Egg Hunt. The little ones can also collect all their favor/goodies at the end of the celebration for easy transport home.
6. Bunny Ears – transform your little guests into funny bunnies. Leave a set of bunny ears as a surprise for each child on their chair.
7. Easter Cupcake Decorating Kit by Williams-Sonoma – kids love cupcakes, so dress yours up for Easter.
8. Pinwheel Easter Bouquet by Mary Grace Designs at Etsy.com – adds whimsy and spring colors to the table with a playful centerpiece. Simply arrange this pinwheel bouquet in a pitcher (as pictured), vase, or other container. Break apart your bouquet at the end of your celebration, sending each guest home with a pinwheel.
Note: If you’re not hosting Easter, bring your favorite pick as your contribution to the children’s table wherever you are celebrating Easter.
For more ideas and inspirations for celebrating Easter and all other occasions, visit us at partybluprintsblog.com.
Sending you wishes for a special Easter,