Halloween Safety Tips
Tomorrow is Halloween and kids are all ready to dress up and head out to get as much candy as they possibly can. Before your kids go out trick or treating talk to them about safety so a fun day doesn’t turn into a tragedy. Here are some helpful Halloween safety tips from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) website for your kids to have a fun & safe Halloween.
1. Always go trick or treating with a trusted adult or large group
2. Visit only the homes of friends and neighbors you know
3. Wear well fitted masks & costumes to avoid vision impairment or tripping
4. Make sure to wear some sort of reflective clothing or add reflective tape to help drivers see you
5. Carry a flashlight while trick or treating to help you see as well as others. Both Potterybarn Kids and chasing fireflies have super adorable flashlights. I love the Itty-bitty spider spotlight $18.00 – This super adorable flashlight is a great accessory for almost any girl’s costume.
Smart glow stick & flashlight $10.00- Features a flasher, whistle and flashlight with a jack-o-lantern decal for fun illumination.
6. Eat only wrapped treats. Avoid eating anything homemade from strangers or anything that looks like it was opened.
Happy Halloween Everyone!