How to Create a Super Fun Summer Sleepover
Sleepover parties were a childhood favorite of mine. I loved staying up late with my girlfriends gossiping about the latest teen heart throbs and doing head-to-toe makeovers. When throwing a sleepover party it’s always fun to have a central theme such as “Spa”, “Candy” or even “Camping”. When picking a theme focus on the age of the kids and make sure everything you plan is age appropriate. My personal favorite theme is “Spa Party” for tween girls; here are my tips to throw the ultimate beauty sleepover extravaganza.
1. Start with the invitations. The Martha Stewart website has the perfect DIY template for the perfect “Evening at the Spa” invite.
2. Create the ‘ultimate beauty bar’, go to your local drug store and fill up on all your beauty needs such as lotion, nail polish , lip balm, hair ties or clips. Try to avoid harsh facial masks in case someone in the party has very sensitive skin or allergies.
3. For added fun you can offer your guests a bath robe or flip flops so they can feel like they’re at a real spa. Also take the time out and stock up on age appropriate magazines for them to flip through while waiting for their nail polish to dry.
4. Don’t forget the food! Stock up on some tasty treats in case your guests get hungry during their treatments. Pass around mini sandwiches, cake pops or easy to eat finger foods.
5. Give out a fun favor that fits the spa theme once everyone is finished with their treatments. I personally love the inspirational travel pouches from PB teen, which also make a great makeup bag for any tween.
Remember that sleepovers are all about bonding and having fun with her best girlfriends. So let them stay up later than usual, eat a bunch of ice cream and gossip!