Teen Girls: Summer Fashion Trends
One of my favorite things about summer is the fashion. Whether on vacation or just relaxing by the pool, warm weather always brings out fresh styles and looks for guys and gals who are eager to shed the layers after a harsh winter. Teens are no different, in fact they are even more aware of the changing fads and trends than us grown ups. I have noticed a lot of emerging trends for the teen set this summer and am keen to share!
The biggest trend for teen girls this summer is bold color. Neon and pastels are both huge and can we worn as a main piece, or in accessories for a more subtle look. The bold fashionista can even try color blocking if she is ready to combine more than one color! The bohemian look is also still going strong. Trendy teens can work this look with lots of feathers, lace and maxi length skirts and dresses.
1. Neon is a huge trend for summer, but if you aren’t ready for a full neon outfit, try accessorizing in it! Steven by Steve Madden Crossbody Bag $78.00
2. Maxi length skirts and dresses are a breezy and bohemian look for hot weather. This one from Express also features the ultra-hip hi-lo hem. Express Hi-Lo Hem Maxi Dress $52.80
3. With bold color always being a summer staple, try colored denim for a cute and easy look. BDG Grazer Mid-Rise Jean $68.00
4. To perfectly accessorize that romantic boho look, add a touch of lace to any outfit to appear instantly more feminine. Rugby Lace Triangular Scarf $98.00
5. Wedge sandals are very in style for summer 2012 and thankfully they are much more comfortable than their heel counter-part. I like these ones from BP that feature a bright print. BP ‘Felicity’ Wedge Sandal $34.90
6. Feather jewelry is all the rage and I love these RACHEL Rachel Roy Feather Earrings $36.00, for their bohemian charm. Dress them up or down for the perfect look.
7. Ankle booties are trendy year round, especially western style ones like these Ecote Suede Ankle Bootie $79.00, try them in a lighter shade to keep your look ultra-summery.
I know I’m excited to try a few of these trends, so have fun giving these as gifts for teens in your life and have a fabulous summer!
Image courtesy of Teen Vogue