Teen Guys: Summer Fashion Trends
One of my favorite things about summer is the fashion. Whether on vacation or just relaxing by the pool, warm weather always brings out fresh styles and looks for guys and gals who are eager to shed the layers after a harsh winter. Teens are no different, in fact they are even more aware of the changing fads and trends than us grown ups. I have noticed a lot of emerging trends for the teen set this summer and am keen to share!
My favorite trend for teen guys this summer is the return of prep! Guys are layering bowties over button downs and pairing them with classic oxford shoes. This look can remain warm weather appropriate by choosing light fabrics, short sleeves and pairing them with shorts. Another huge trend this summer is the nautical look…guys and girls alike will be donning stripes, anchors and boater inspired accessories. Even Hawaiian prints are making a comeback!
1. Fedora’s have been a summer staple for a few years now, but the trend is still going strong. Goorin Brothers ‘Fields’ Fedora $29.90.
2. Americana is a huge trend right now, this The Strokes Americana Tee, is great because it celebrates both an awesome band and the U.S.A. , $28.00
3. I am loving the reemergence of Hawaiian prints! No longer strictly for tourists, teens will love the Lucky Brand Dale Hope Hawaiian Shirt, $64.50
4. They don’t even have to play a sport to look great in this Abel Brown Varsity Jacket, $119.00
5. Men’s jewelry is huge right now! I love this Miansai Anchor Bracelet, $60.00, for its anchor detail. It’s the perfect piece to add to any nautical look.
6. For that schoolboy look, add a cute striped bow tie to any outfit for that instant prep factor. Paul Frederick Pre-Tied Woven Silk Stripe Tie, $29.50
7. These J.Crew 9” Long Board Short in Giant Gingham, $59.50, are preppy and perfect for the beach! Gingham is quintessentially summer!
8. Rolled-up pants are a huge summer trend. Try these Rugby Mended Vintage Slim, $128.00, and start rolling!
9. Boat shoes never go out of style, but this summer they are extra hot and teens like these Sebago ‘Spinnaker’ Boat Shoes, $99.95, for their unique take on a classic piece.
10. Canvas lace-up shoes are comfortable and casual for summer and Vans always gets that look right. Vans Madero Canvas Sneaker, $55.00
I know I’m excited to try a few of these trends, so have fun giving these as gifts for teens in your life and have a fabulous summer!
Image courtesy of male pattern boldness