Trend Alert: Black and White
One trend that we can’t wait to see more of in 2013 is Black and White geometric prints. Everything from decor to fashion will be covered in the most high-contrast color combination there is. In case you haven’t noticed, black and white patterns have been popping up all over the place from the costumes at the Grammy’s to the West Elm catalog. With all of the bold, bright color blocking that has been gracing the racks for the past few years, it’s time for black and white to add some definition. What makes this new black and white trend more than just the basic colors that they are is the shapes and stripes that they are appearing in. If you want to get your stylish friends something that will be a conversation piece and move them to the top of their ‘fashion friend pyramid’, then anything with black and white geometry or bold stripes is the way to go. The best thing about this trend is that you can find menswear and men’s accessories with these prints, as well as women’s fashion and housewares. To help narrow it down for you, here are a few of the best trendy Black & White pieces that you can easily pick up for yourself, or your fabulous friends.
And, check out our Black & White Pinterest Board for even more inspiration!
In order (see where to get them all here)
1. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Sparks Print’ Wool Scarf $198
2. kate spade new york ‘carousel’ stripe bangle $250
3. Zigzag Rug 5×7 $89
4. Trend Lab Mobile, Versailles, Black/White $40
5. iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 Geometric Deco Series $19.99
6. Outer Rebel Black and White Skinny Tie $13.99
7. What a Geek! Round Lens Sunglasses $8.99
8. Black and White (and a Bit in Between) $31.50
9. BUILT Neoprene Gourmet Getaway Mini Lunch $17.99
10. Zigzag Curtain 52×84 $39
11. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Henry’ Leather Strap Watch $175
12. Marlo Lorenz Chevron Microplush Twin Comforter Set Black/White