Meet the Judges: Trae Bodge
Name: Trae Bodge
Title: Senior Editor
Brand/Blog: RetailMeNot Insider
Bio: Consumer spending expert Trae Bodge is a senior editor and spokesperson for The RetailMeNot Insider, an online lifestyle magazine developed by RetailMeNot, the world’s leading destination for online coupon codes and deals. Trae is regularly featured on FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC and many radio stations.
The 2012 Giftees are underway and you’re probably wondering what the panel of judges is & who they are, right? It’s up to You, the public, to nominate your favorite gifts of the year and to ultimately decide on the winners. But when nominations end, the esteemed judges help select the Top 10 products in each category before handing it back over to You to determine the winners. Well, I’m going to be highlighting one judge at a time from the panel of respected bloggers, business women, and social media mavens who know a thing or two about what makes a great gift. Enjoy!
1. Why are you excited to be a judge for the Giftees?
I am a huge fan of Gifts.com. I had a blast doing this last year and was thrilled to be invited back.
2. What is the best gift that you ever gave?
I gave a former boyfriend a vintage barber chair. The process was quite a feat and he was over the moon!
3. When you take the Gifts.com personality quiz (http://www.gifts.com/finder )…which personality are you?
46% trendanista 28% intellectual 26% health & fitness nut
4. What is your favorite thing about giving gifts?
Finding just the right thing for the right person.
5. What is the best gift that you ever got?
A roomful of balloons from my husband, one of which held a diamond nose ring.
6. What is a dream gift that you would love to get?
A new car!
7. What do you like to do when you’re off the clock?
Spend time with my family and friends. Especially if there’s good food and wine involved!
8. How long have you been a blogger/brand?
Just over two years.
9. Why do you love what you do?
Gift giving and finding great deals are a passion of mine. I am incredibly fortunate that I have been able to form a career around it!